| Western Tank Company began in 1945 when five Williams brothers, LeRoy, Harold, Don, Jim and Bill, purchased Odessa Valve and Machine Company in Odessa, Texas. Their venture operated under that name for about six years until all the printed stationary was used up and the name was changed to Western Steel Products. The Williams brothers began manufacturing welded steel tanks and structural steel members in 1947.
The business was incorporated in 1959 and renamed Western Tank Company of Odessa. In 1956, a steel service center business, Shamrock Steel Sales, Inc., was spun off to provide metal products to businesses in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. Don Williams remains as President of both companies. Western Tank Company Plant Superintendent Joe Karr has been with the company since 1956 and Vice President Denny Williams since 1978.
Our Odessa manufacturing plant contains approximately 50,000 square feet divided into three parallel bays, one for shearing, braking and custom fabrication, one for welded tanks and one for ASME Code work. An additional area is devoted to structural steel fabrication.